Please find attached the rules of our Fifth Saint George´s Day Literary competition. As usual, we hope to receive lots of entries!!
Plus, this year, our friends from the Catalan Association of Hamburg “El Pont Blau”, are also inviting us to participate in their competition. Thus, one single work can enter two different competitions!
From the Casal Catala, we would like to encourage everyone to participate in such special day in the Catalan culture.
We will see you all on Sunday 26st of April for our annual celebration at Reader’s Feast Bookstore.
Rules of the FIFTH Saint George Literary Competition 2015 of the Catalan Cultural Centre of Victoria
1. The competition is open to anyone from members of the Catalan Cultural Centre of Victoria, friends or supporters.
2. Each participant is to submit only one original story or poem written in Catalan, Spanish or English and it must not exceed 1,000 words.
3. The poem or story will be submitted by email to the Casal’s address firstname.lastname@example.org in an attached Word document or by ordinary mail. The letter should be addressed: “Saint George competition” Casal Català de Victòria, 247-251, Flinders Lane, Melbourne 3000. The document containing the work sent to the competition should only include the author’s pseudonym. On a separate document/page, the author must specify his or her full name and chosen pseudonym.
4. The deadline for submission of entries is the 23th of April 2015.
5. The prizes will be given on the 26th of April the Casal’s celebration of Saint George’s Day.
6. There will be a prize per each genre. A participation of two candidates per each genre is required, if not the Casal reserves the right to not award the prizes. Winners will receive a $25 voucher to spend at Reader’s Feast Bookstore.
7. The panel of judges will be formed by committee members of the Catalan Cultural Center of Victoria.
8. The winners will be invited to read their poem or an extract of their story on the day of the celebration.
9. The winning poems and stories will be published on the Casal’s website www.ccvictoria.cat. Competitors who wish not to publish their work must specify so in the email or letter.